Thursday, February 28, 2008

Lexi's Heart of Gold



What is this you're asking? Or because of the mere fact that I have 3 children simply rule out any such questions? Well, I'll tell you what it is...my Lexi is a very thoughtful and sweet little girl and last night we were having our regular video call with daddy and Lexi hadn't finished her snack yet and she thought her daddy might want some so this is her sharing with her daddy even though he is miles away from home. Ryland was telling her "no Lex, daddy can't get those" but I told him to stop that because it was very nice of her to share with daddy and she doesn't need to know that daddy can't actually reach out from the screen and grab the goldfish. Does she really think he can I wonder? and if he could do that then does she wonder why he doesn't just reach out to kiss and hug them goodnight rather then them blowing each other kisses? I would love to be in the mind of my little ones for a moment or two. She is so good at sharing (food only!, not toys) I have to keep a close eye on her with Sophia. She knows how to get ahold of some snacks by herself and loves to share with her little sister. A few days ago I heard Sophia choking and sure enough Lexi had given her some of her corn pops and when I had ran over to her Lexi looked so happy and proud of herself it was a little sad telling her that she can't share with her but then remind her the rest of the day that she has to share, how confusing it must be for a kid!

No comments: