Friday, February 6, 2009

Half to the Bottom

In total shock the other night at supper Ryland said to me "huh! mom, look,.. Bia's bowl is half to the bottom and mine is half to the top!!" what? i said, and he repeated that hers was half to the bottom already. and I wanted to dig a little deeper into this horrifying moment my son was having. I kept probing a little more and then showed him 2 cups on the the table and said if they both have this same amount of water in them how is one 'half to the top' and one 'half to the bottom'?? "Well mom, remember when I went to the bathroom?...(just minutes before) well, she was still eating then so that makes hers half to the bottom already" "Oh" I said, "well, then that does make sence". and that was that. And he then sped up his eating so she wouldn't 'win'. Everything is a race, always! I think boys are just born that way:)

3 comments:

kroekerz said...

that boy has a different way of looking at things, that is very neat!

andrea said...

yes! boys are wired differently! i think that school makes those races worse...
very cute boy you have!

Larissa said...

oh my goodness- EVERYthing is a race!! yes- I hear you!!
if it's not a competition of some sort, it's not worth doing....
I sometimes don't know whether to use that to my benefit or try and change it, but I think that's just they way boys are....