Friday, June 13, 2008

Rylands Sailboat

Ryland had been asking for peanut butter on toast for
a couple of days and finally i picked up some bread for him, so this morning was really exciting for him. I finished spreading the peanut butter and asked him if he wanted it cut (if you cut it and that day he wants it whole...look out!) and he said yes. For some reason today I starting cutting it diagonally (I rarely do) and as I had only just barely started he said so politely and nonchalantly "mom, can you cut it into a sailboat?" I pause, say nothing and decide to keep cutting because how in the world do I cut a piece of bread into a sailboat and who on earth asks that AND who asks that with such complete confidence in their mom to do that?? well after i cut it it came to me.....

and he thought it was an AWESOME sailboat!


3 comments:

Larissa said...

that is so cute!! good job for finding a sailboat in a sandwich! :)

andrea said...

was he able to eat his sailboat eventually? he is so cute! you even decorate toast...i wish i had your creativity!

kroekerz said...

That's terribly cute. I would have done something completely different that would have looked completely horrible. Good job.